Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Great Group Coupons Thingies!


image from furryanimalmagic.com


Wondering what to do for presents, or even just for yourself? Well, I've been seeing some sites, lately - mostly local, BUT wherever you may be, there are probably equivalents you can find - that can save you on gift cards & other services!

Groupon.com

Groupon.com - the link to this one leads to the Atlanta local link, but I know there are links to other major cities. This site asks businesses to sell, for example, a $50 gift certificate to their restaurant for only $35. Or a spa could sell $100 worth of services for only $40! The catch is - they have to sell the set minimum amount of these deals in order for these deals to manifest, AND these are daily deals, too! So act fast and check often!

HalfOffGreen.com

HalfOffGreen.com - this is an awesome site that I LOVE! This features green businesses who will sell gift certificates for half off their store value! I got $50 worth of food from Pizza Fusion (because they make yummy gluten and dairy free pizzas, sooo yum!) for only $25! I was SO excited, because I only go there like once or twice a year because they're a little expensive (justly so, but I AM a frugal bunny, after all!). I also found a new doggie daycare place close to my house that I didn't even know existed, AND they're green! So I'm thinking about looking into them, buying a gift cert and trying them out with my pup :) Yay! I love this site!

MyDailyThread.com

MyDailyThread - this one has a similar concept to Groupon. This site seems to really support local and independent businesses, much like the above sites.

I love these sites because they're social responsible AND gives us a chance to splurge on luxuries we normally can't or won't afford, without actually splurging :) :) :)

~Jenny Bunns <3

No comments: